(Latest revision date 7/22/14)
If you have registered to receive marketing communications from us and later change your mind, you may opt out of receiving direct marketing or promotional communications in electronic or printed form by writing or calling us at the Contact Us information set out below, or by sending us an email with “unsubscribe” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you opt-out of receiving marketing information from us, we may still contact you concerning your communications with us. Just to make sure.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
We may collect personal information, such as your first and last name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, text message address, and birth month. We may collect this information when you:
- save your information with us online or visit our site (and cookies are enabled);
- opt in for emails or request catalogs or other marketing materials;
- participate in a contest, sweepstakes, promotion or survey;
- make inquiries concerning our product, and
HOW WE MAY USE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
If you consent to join our mailing list, we may use the personal information we collect to:
- tell you about and administer our contests, sweepstakes and promotions;
- send you emails, catalogs or other marketing materials about our home decor products; and
- send you surveys about our products;
- respond to your inquiries regarding our home decor products;
- learn about your design preferences and improve your home decor and design experience;
- help us address problems with and improve our site and our home decor products, and
- protect the security and integrity of our site.
HOW WE MAY SHARE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may share your personal information for the purposes described above in the following ways:
- In the event of the sale or a merger of Decor Therapy (or its parent company The Home Décor Companies), the information we have collected may be among those assets transferred.
- We may share certain personal information with companies who provide certain services to us such as name and address verification, email distribution, and promotions management. We share only that information necessary for these companies to perform their requested services. Additionally, these companies are contractually obligated to protect this information and to use it for no other purpose.
- With co-sponsors of contests, sweepstakes or promotions.
- With law enforcement upon request, as required by applicable law (such as by court order or subpoena), if necessary in connection with a fraud investigation, or to protect and defend our customers’ and our interests.
RETENTION AND STORAGE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected and to comply with applicable laws.
COOKIES (we mentioned cookies earlier, remember?)
Our site uses “cookies” which are small data files stored on your computer’s hard drive or mobile device when you visit a site. Cookies may be used in a variety of ways which enhance and personalize your online browsing and design experience. For instance, cookies allow us to recognize you when you return to our site, and monitor and maintain information about your visits. You may set your browser not to accept cookies (“do not track”) or to notify you when you receive cookies. If you do not accept cookies, you may need to re-enter your personal information each time you decide to communicate with us.
We use various technologies and processes to help protect your information. However, absolute security can never be guaranteed.
We will never request your credit card or other personal information by email. If you receive an email that appears to be a request from us for personal information, do not respond as this may be a “phishing” scam designed to steal your information. Never include your credit or debit card number or other sensitive information in an email as it is not a secure means of transmitting information.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our site is not intended for use by children and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that information has been submitted by someone who is under the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence, we will not use it. Any concerned parent or guardian should contact us if we have inadvertently collected such personal information and we will delete it from our files.